Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Unkissable Pile Of Intestines


hello! several moons ago i was an animation minor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. Animation was always my first love and i long to get back into it someday, and wouldn't dare rule it out for future outlets of ideas.

Well the kick in the pants to that dream was my friend and old neighbor Kristoffe Brodeur rediscovered an old film of mine, dusted the file off, and uploaded it to the internet! Kristoffe is a renaissance man himself in dance, electronics, film, multimedia and beyond, and you can see more of that HERE. he literally had an open door policy where we lived, and though i had actually made 2 "unkissable pile of intestines" shorts prior, he offered to go over the new one with me and completely upgrade it into something special. editing, sound, special effects, and more were given his thorough, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and profoundly generous time and touch. Thank you Kristoffe!

"The Unkissable Pile Of Intestines" first showed up on a wall me and some fellow tenants and Spiderbiters once marred, and he became my everyman mascot of the unrequited. his previous appearances, though a decade old, and future adventures, will see more light here in the future. until then, enjoy:

2 comments:

Sean G. said...

That design and animation are really cool. I would love to see more of this character. I can relate to this character more than most live action ones.

pw! said...

thanks a lot Sean, that means a lot, especially coming from you. you'll definitely see more of him some day. his story just gets worse, i assure you

i called him my everyman but he was unmistakably me, especially way back then, though i'm glad he can strike an odd chord with anyone else.